Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Sunday, July 12, 2009

a month of anniversaries

If you look over to the left at our timeline, you'll notice that it has officially been one year since we started this adoption journey. So crazy. Like most things, it has flown by, and yet it seems like it always was. Why is that? Looking back, I remember how excited we were to start this journey and how terrified I was at all of the work we had to do. I also remember thinking we would have a baby in about a year. Heh heh. You learn really fast in international adoption to have flexible expectations ;-)

This month, we also celebrated 6 years of marriage. Again, how could it possibly have gone by so fast? It seemed like just yesterday there was a bunch of us gathered in Connecticut on a sweltering evening to dance our butts off and celebrate this:


And then finally, this month we celebrated 12 years of being a couple. Holy cow. 12 years! I can scarcely remember who I was before I met Matt McBride. He is my husband, my best friend, my partner in crime, my everything. And soon... my baby daddy!
Here is a rough approximation of what we looked like back then:



Happy Anniversaries Baby! I love you!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy Anniversaries!!! We have a new blog address. Will you follow me to it?

Rahel said...

congrats! based on your photos, it appears to me that all you two do is make out!

Tam and Kai - NYC said...

and by your next anniversary, you'll hear "mommmmmyyy" when you try to make out! Happy Anniversary :)