Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

phone orientation

We talked with Judy from the Gladney Center today for our orientation. She basically outlined everything I described in the post below, only in a much more concise, organized, non-rambling manner. She's sooooo nice and has this perfect Texas accent and makes you feel like this is a manageable set of tasks that you can accomplish.
Oh Judy, can't you just do all this for us? Pretty Please?
Ok, no, we can do this. One step at a time, one step at a time...
Wait, what are we supposed to do first?

2 comments:

Weintribe said...

hi there! I found your blog through an Internet search for gladney-I love reading other peoples' journeys!

Just wanted to say that you absolutely CAN do this. Our application (while not nearly as daunting as international) took months to complete, and truly felt like it would never end (and I'm not the most organized person, so I had that working for me too ;) )

BUT...it's so worth it. So so worth it. We are currently matched with our Gladney birthmom and I look back on the application process as being part of how we got HERE. Necessary, a rite of passage, and a test of your commitment.

Ps) Ethiopia and Rwanda were our other two choices, you will have the most beautiful child! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

One step at a time.. I'm gonna try to be patient for your sake but I CAN'T WAIT!! hehe.